Monday, January 12, 2015

Miracles in Tlahualilo

I don't know who it was, but thank you for all your prayers (we fasted as a family for Paul in his new area on Jan 3rd)  because this week we had nothing short of miracles... We had almost 40 lessons, the average is 15 to 20 here in Tlahualilo and almost every one of them was full of the Spirit. Things changed soooo much this week. We had people that as we knocked on their door started to tell us the same old stuff (I'm catholic, I'm busy, I'm sleeping, I'm on drugs, I'm showering, and the all time bestseller I DON'T CARE) but as we talked with them they invited us in, listened very attentively, and asked us to come back. It was amazing I'm not kidding, in my mission I have never gotten so many positive responses from people in one week. As well as that I have never felt so much of the gift of tongues as I did this week, I felt the Spirit so much in each lesson and in each lesson there wasn't a moment when I couldn't Speak Spanish. Whoever asked for the miracle this week THANK YOU and keep asking please.

Right now we are focusing on a guy named F., who is a super humble, good human being. He doesn't know how to read so we go by his house every night and read a little bit of the Book of Mormon with him. He stopped smoking completely last week and came to church and met with the Branch president to try and see how he can get help to get married to his girlfriend (of 25 years, they have kids and grand kids together). His girlfriend still doesn't sit down to listen to us in lessons but she is always near by and pretending to be doing things while the whole time listening to us and occasionally answering our questions before F. can. haha. She is super shy and humble as well so we gotta try and find her a friend to help her get comfortable with us and with the church. F. will be baptized in February and with a little faith his girlfriend will quickly follow. 

We are also working really hard with the less actives we have here in Tlahualilo and this Sunday 4 of them showed up, including C. and his daughter! It's so awesome to see less actives come to church after months or even years and little by little remember why they joined the church in the first place and what it means to be disciples of Christ again.

I know that this is the Lords work. I have seen nothing short of miracles this week. The Lord has reached out to us here in Tlahualilo and I know that without His help we can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment