Monday, February 16, 2015

Whom the Lord calls He qualifies.

In a town of 9000 inhabitants called Tlahualilo in the middle of nowhere you will find one dumb, scrawny, white kid wandering around sharing the gospel. And that is who the Lord has put as His branch Presidente until we find a replacement. That's right...I'm not gonna lie, I'm a lil nervous...haha....

Yesterday I got to lead all the meetings, collect tithing, and keep moral high...All in spanish obviously. Haha it is incredible to me how much the Lord has changed me on the mission, and how much more He will continue to mold me until I become what He wants me to be. As I look back it is amazing to see how everything has worked together to put me in this position of service so that I might become a better instrument in my Heavenly Fathers hands. Right now me and my companion are hyperfocusing on the members, because to be honest our job here is to get out of the leadership position and find the local priesthood that are ready and willing to replace us. We have one member that is actually working really hard to become branch president (its his dream I guess...) and he is helping us a lot to gather the Priesthood of Tlahualilo and...well rally the troops...

The member put together a a Priesthood meeting this Saturday to talk about our blessings and responsibilities. He started the meeting and then it was my companion and I's turn. He told us about this meeting the day before so we had very little time to prepare and didn't really know what we were gonna say. As we got up, it was amazing what happened, the Holy Ghost took over as we testified of our blessing and responsibilities as priesthood holders. As we invited all of the local priesthood that have all gone inactive to come back to Christ and do what is necessary to strengthen the branch in Tlahualilo I was filled with strength and with the words I needed, en serio the words just flowed, it was incredible. I felt like one of the men from the book of Mormon as they 'exhorted' their brothers to come back to Christ. Huge lesson this week whom the Lord calls He qualifies. He will give you what you need, just get to work. 

As far as our investigators we had miracles as well. R. is an amazing investigator, he accepts everything we tell him about the gospel without hesitation at this point, after he got over his doubts about Joseph Smith he just accepts and does what the Lord asks. As he told us he has visited a lot of churches but finally is understanding what God really wants from him. For all his life he hasn't been able to get straight answers and after every lesson with us he tells us I AM FINALLY LEARNING. For example he has recited the same prayer every night for the last 60 years of his life. He told us that he has literally not skipped a day in 60 years. As we taught about prayer and the appropriate way to pray and how he can express himself to our Father he dropped his routine prayer then and there and now he prays as though the Lord is in the room and he expresses very heart felt feelings about his deceased wife and his concern for his family. We also taught him about the law of chastity because he thought that only adultery was a sin, so he has some problems with the law of chastity but after the lesson promised us he will stop all of it so he can be baptized. He will be baptized in March. And he showed up to the Priesthood meeting....before any of the priesthood holders.... when this guy is baptized he is gonna show these members how its done....

We also have a story about M. and G., maybe you don't remember them, they are the couple that told us that religion is crap and that there can't be any real religion because all church leaders are corrupt and that it doesn't matter what we say they will never come to our church. M. came to church yesterday BY HER SELF with her new born baby (G. would have come but had to work, but he is going to ask his boss this week if he can switch his day off) and stayed the full three hours. Last night after church they both accepted a baptismal date. Another huge lesson I learned this week PEOPLE CAN CHANGE, THE GOSPEL DOES CHANGE PEOPLE! How can it be that two 20 year old kids with nothing that I would call real experiences in life can help people make huge changes, its because it isn't us, IT'S CHRIST. Jesus Christ called us here to serve in Tlahualilo and although we are facing a lot of trials, the good Lord has put everything in place so we could find the elect and that the elect would hear His gospel. 

Also just to add onto it when people call me on the phone they can't believe I'm not Mexican. I've finally shed the accent! Gift of Tongues! Whom the Lord calls He qualifies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment