Monday, May 5, 2014

A few of my favorite scriptures

Not a lot of time this week as well so I just wanted to share 2 quick things. 

1 about my studying in the Book of Mormon this week. I studied a lot about the plan of salvation (Alma 22, 40) the restoration (1 Ne 13-15) The atonement (Mosiah 3-4) and successful missionary work (Mos 27, Alma 17). King Benjamin's talk with his people in Mosiah 3 and 4 is one of the most powerful general conferences ever! It outlines our need for our Savior and His mercy so well, and that if we will repent we will be forgiven. Also Alma 17 about how the sons of Mosiah prepared for their missions is so freakin true. Verses 2 and 3 talk about their need to study, pray and fast, and verse 5 was powerful to me too. This mission isn't what I would call fun, lets be honest, it isn't a 100000 baptism and call it a day. The afflictions in body and mind and spirit are super real but that's what it takes to be the better missionary. Some days its hard to see why we have to go through some of the harder times but every missionary has had to do it, and more importantly our Savior had to do it. Its just part of the work. Haha I also found Alma 8:10-11 and this one was so true as well. Alma was one of the greatest missionaries ever. He did all he could to preach to the people, and in the end they still rejected him. Some days its just not the right time for them to accept the gospel. 

I also wanted to share a good experience I had this week on exchanges. Me and Elder S have been companions now for....105 days.... haha but no ones counting. Naw he is actually a really good companion and we have gotten to where we know each others weaknesses and strengths really well. So on exchanges I was with Elder Hdz. who is brand new but is a native so he obviously is better at the language than me. Anyway during the exchanges we went to one of our investigators homes who is getting baptized in 16 days! She asked some random question about the gospel. For things like that I could explain it in English but its still out of my league in Spanish so I usually have Elder S take over in such moments. But with Elder Hdz. he didn't really know the answer to the question and so looked at me....so here I go stumbling through some broken Spanish nonsense and doing my best. (It came to a point where I was doing more sign language than Spanish...) hahahahha I got the point across but lets just say I didn't feel exactly successful in that lesson. After the rest of the lesson I asked her to say the closing prayer. As she said it I started feeling the spirit really strong, and I was like what the freak...this was a terrible lesson... as she finished the prayer I looked up and she was so happy and we could all just feel the spirit. It was just a good reminder of who actually teaches the lessons. As long as I can bring the spirit and I put 100% in He will take care of it and still testify of our message. 

Tenge Fe
Elder Roberts

1 comment: