Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Prayer



This week went well. I had my first day of exchanges and I was the senior companion that knew the area, hahahaha so that was a little crazy. It took us a little time to find some of our appointments but overall it was a good day. I'm coming along in my Spanish, any spare moment I am studying and memorizing as much as I can. Not a lot of crazy stuff happened this week other than we have 6 people with a baptismal date, the downside is only one showed up to church this week.
The Lord has blessed me a lot with having help when I need it, one of the kids in the district speaks both English and Spanish fluently so whenever I cant figure out a phrase in Spanish we meet up with him for our lunch appointments and he helps me a ton.

In one of our lessons we stressed the importance of prayer in the family and if you would like look up 3 Nephi 18:19-21

Anyway, yeah not a lot this week. Hopefully more next. 

Elder Roberts
"Parents should teach their children to pray. The child learns both from what the parents do and what they say. The child who sees a mother or a father pass through the trials of life with fervent prayer to God and then hears a sincere testimony that God answered in kindness will remember what he or she saw and heard. When trials come, that individual will be prepared.”

No comments:

Post a Comment