Monday, February 3, 2014

Prayer is real

Well life here in Gomez is weird but good. Spanish is coming along okay but its pretty difficult. I can speak it alright its understanding others that's super difficult. They speak so freaking fast! One thing I find so funny here is when kids will yell Guierito (like gringo or whitie) and come up to try and speak a little English to me.
The people here are all so kind and give everything of themselves. There is such a strong support for the missionaries here within the ward and all the investigators recognize our sacrifice in being here. We invited two out of our like twenty investigators to be baptized and they both agreed but neither showed up to church so we will see what happens. 

We have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday, she is a little 13 year old girl who has been taking lessons from the missionaries through her older sister who is a member. She loves to laugh at my attempts to speak Spanish but hey what are ya gonna do. 

Its funny I wanted to leave the MTC so bad while I was there but now I realize how easy it was comparatively. Everything here is dirty and dusty and warm. Its probably 80 degrees right now and April and May are their hot months and it should get around 120...yikes. I played Futbal today with the Elders and some of the guys in the ward and let's just say...it was embarrassing.... hahaha I've never really played soccer before and they all have been playing since they could walk so, yeah. They all wanted me to participate the whole time though and loved it whenever I kicked the ball. 

There is a scripture I wanted to share in the Book of Mormon this week. Alma 7:11. We shared this with a less active member this week who has recently gone blind and is feeling pretty down about it. I shared this with him and testified that I knew that Christ knows him personally and suffered this trial for him so he could rely on the Lord to get him through it. I could feel the spirit and you could see this did help him.

I've prayed more this week than I have in my whole life and feel so much help from the Lord whenever I actually pray for the things that I need,  or that my investigators need instead of just going through the motions. Prayer is real.

Elder Roberts
Two talks on prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment