Monday, March 24, 2014

The Will of God







Not gonna lie, this week was frustrating. A lot of our investigators aren't progressing or aren't home when we come by. On the bright side when they are home I am able to understand so much more and speak so much more, it seems like I progress in the language literally every day. Its really nice, Gift of Tongues is real, you put in you effort and The Lord comes through. As far as for our investigators I was feeling bad on Sunday morning so I prayed and it was a freaking miracle - we had every one of our recent converts show up, 4 less active families that we are teaching, and 3 investigators. It was a huge turn out. When the first couple showed up I was like, oh that's nice, but they just kept coming, and after a while all I could do was just be grateful that the Lord gave me some evidence of our work even when I felt it wasn't paying off. I felt genuinely happy and like we were really changing lives this Sunday. So overall the week was hard, but God provides.
One thing I wanted to share from something I read this week was in John 15. It says that Christ is the vine, we are the branches, and our Heavenly Father is the Husbandman. All those that don't bring forth fruit (good works) are cut off, but all those that do bring forth fruit He purgeth so they bring forth more. I didn't know what to purge meant so I looked it up and it means to to rid of whatever is impure or undesirable, with plants it means to cut down a lot of the growth of the plant. So in this story that Christ uses, we as the branches are going to be cut down over and over again by Heavenly Father (through trial and experiences) until we bring forth the fruit that He wants and that we and others need. Its hard to be cut down sometimes, sometimes I feel like I'm on a roll and then something comes along that it feels like knocks me off course, but in reality it was what I needed in order to become better. 

Anyway overall feeling this week is that the mission isn't all fun and baptisms but God provides if we will endure the purging and work hard. 

Love 
Elder Roberts

1 comment: