Saturday, January 18, 2014

"I'm leaving on a jet plane"



Last week in the MTC. It was hard, not gonna lie, but to be honest it was exactly what I needed. The study here all day every day was a great learning experience, the constant Spanish can be really frustrating at times but it also helps you progress in the language so much faster than just learning concepts and moving on. I wouldn't say I'll miss the MTC but I'm definitely going to miss the people here. I've gotten to know the missionaries in my Zone really well and every one of them has my back and supports me and I do the same.

I'll be leaving this Monday. Should be in Mexico around probably 2 pm their time. We'll see how it all goes. The Lord has blessed me so much when I turn to him. My Spanish is at least coherent, but my teaching has improved so much! I'm actually getting to where I can apply the gospel to peoples lives instead of just reading out of the scriptures and manuals. Thanks to everyone who has sent me packages, letters, food. I've probably gotten 10X more mail than anyone else in my district, and I really appreciate that. If the MTC can help me improve and change this much I literally can't wait for Mexico. My next letter will be sent from Mexico.

Thanks for the support!

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment