Saturday, January 11, 2014

Selflessness is the way to happiness

This week was alright, we're getting so close to the end of the MTC and it's getting crazy! We've been teaching about three mock-investigators a day for the last week and it's helped us a ton. Our Spanish is progressing but still isn't anywhere close to fluent...and we leave for Mexico in 9 days....yeah. I went to the Mexican Consulate in Salt Lake this week and got my travel plans, me and some other missionaries going to Torreon are leaving on Jan 20th. We went to the temple for the first time since coming to the MTC, the Provo temple is really cool and peaceful. Other than that not a lot has changed here. Life is hard when people are selfish - that's one big lesson I have learn since coming here, when your selfish your life sucks. Every bad day I've had here has been because I've been super focused on myself. Every good day here I've been focused on what others need. I would say in general I'm not a very happy person and it's because I'm ultimately a very selfish person. I'm sure that is one of the reasons The Lord wanted me to come out here so bad, so I would realize how important it is to happiness to focus on others. It's a weird fact about life - the more you focus on making yourself happy you'll never be so, the more you focus on working hard so you can make others happy the easier it is to be so.  Just getting ready to go! 

Elder Roberts

Matthew 10:39

Lessons on Unselfishness

Repent of our selfishness by Neal Maxwell

Meekness

A change of Heart I love this because it is in Spanish!! with subtitles

No comments:

Post a Comment