Monday, January 27, 2014

1st Baptism


Dear Family and Friends


First thing about Mexico - street contancting here is the easiest thing ever, everyone is willing to hear us and give us their address and such, the hard thing is getting them to actually do anything, or make change

Second thing about Mexico is that its covered in garbage, dogs, and graffiti. There are dogs, all of them filthy and starving wandering the streets everywhere. 

Third - Although almost everyone here has nothing they do not hesitate to give away. We have not had to pay for our own dinner since we got here. We have appointments to eat with a member every day. That is super nice, the food is a lot better than anything at the MTC!

Fourth - What they say about baptisms in Mexico is true. We had a baptism last Saturday (yes my very first Saturday) and have another one scheduled for this Saturday. Not too shabby. 

Fifth - I have been called Wuerito (little whitie) every freaking day, hahahahaha its freaking hilarious. I'm taller than anyone else here, at church this Sunday I got up with the Elders quorum  and I was easily 4 inches taller than everyone else and the only white one and immediately in my mind the song "one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong" poped in my mind...hahaha I laughed, no one else did. And although people like to joke and make fun they are actually super patient with my attempts to understand and speak and make it fun. 

I have prayed harder this week than I ever have before and feel Gods support and love. I'm doing well overall. 

Forgot to mention my first area isn't in Torreon, its in a neighboring city called Gomez Palacio 

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment