Monday, April 27, 2015

Wear out our lives in teaching the truth

well we finished the exchange this week, haha I didn't have cambios and my companion didn't either....ni modo.... but in this exchange I had more lessons and more contacts than I have had in a single exchange in my whole mission. So I'm progressing. Yeah... haha naw, but the area is progressing well. We are going to have 2 baptisms in May and with just a little more effort 5 in June.

I only have 5 more exchanges...30 weeks, I've been on the mission for almost a year and a half, I have the experience, I can speak, there really is not excuse. If I can't get better and better every transfer and have more and more converts every transfer, then I'm not trying or I'm here to learn pure patience and long suffering hahahhaha espero que no...

J. (the guy that came to church drunk last week) is progressing well, haha he stopped drinking this week and him and his wife (his wife is a member) had an interview with the branch president to try and get their life in order and the left the office ready to face the world. J. has told us he doesn't feel ready to be baptized so we postponed his baptismal date because let's be honest...no he's not ready... but he's getting there.

There is one scripture that has defined this last exchange D&C 123:12-13

 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

 13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—

I feel like I wore out my life this exchange, I literally can not remember one night when I didn't pass out right at 10:30...but I also still didn't give it 100% its just the tip of the iceberg, in this exchange more than any other thing I learned how to lose myself, how to waste and wear out my life in missionary service. This next exchange is gonna be a good one.

Oh and F. got baptized on Saturday 4/25/2015 in Tlahilio!

No comments:

Post a Comment