Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Testimony grows on a mission

I have very little time right now, we are getting ready to get on a bus and head off toward a bigger town to spend Christmas in our zone. 
 
I just want to share a quick thought about testimonies. I don't really know when it happened, I never had a moment exactly when The Lord told me but over the course of 11 months in Mexico and over a year now in the mission, I know that the Church really is true. I know that Joseph Smith really did see our Heavenly Father and that through him Jesus Christ restored His church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. 
 
It's weird but I really am a million times stronger in my faith than I was when I left. It didn't come in a particular moment, I can't really think of a time when it hit me but as I teach lessons now I do feel it more and more every day that this really is the truth that Christ Himself came to proclaim. A testimony isn't gained until you gotta put it to the test, and that is what is done every day here in Mexico, and I am grateful for that. I love the mission in that you either have to grow in your faith or you gotta go home, haha there's no hanging out in the mission. 


Elder Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment