Monday, December 1, 2014

Transfered to Tlauwalilo

Well I got transferred out of no where, because of Christmas the exchange week got changed, so I got transferred a week early, haha and so here I am in a little town called Tlauwalilo, its in Coahuila, so I left the nice, green state of Durango and once again am in the desert.

As far as this week I first want to share an experience we had with two separate lessons in the same day. First we go into a house and I don't know why but I started feeling really angry and nervous and I could not speak Spanish, it was so weird, it was like when I first started my mission. We kept struggling through the lesson and at the end the lady starts telling us about spirits and a demon that supposedly haunts her son, it was a really nasty feeling and I have heard other stories like this on the mission but this was the first one that felt real.  But right after that lesson we had one with E, his girlfriend, and O. and R. and the Spirit was really strong and I could speak and teach like it was no problem. So I just want to say it really is 100% the Spirit in the mission, when the Spirit isn't in the lesson things fall apart fast and when the investigators are doing weird things with bad spirits it goes bad even faster. It was actually a really cool experience to see such a dramatic difference between two lessons, one with and one without the Spirit of God. 

As far as O, R,  E, and his girlfriend  We had a lesson with them right before I left and they really have progressed so much. When we found E he was dead, he wasn't a fan of life, dead spiritually, he just kind of drifted, but after three weeks of coming to church and several months of listening to the message of the gospel it really is amazing to see how different he is. He is way happier, his relationship with his kids is way stronger and as he realizes that not only does God love him but that he has a responsibility to set the example for his kids and so to meet that demand he steps it up every week. O will be baptized in two weeks, R the week after, and E will be active again in the church in two weeks as well. 

My new companions name is Elder P, he is from Mexico City and seems to be a really funny cool guy. He only has 4 months in the mission but has been in this area since he started so he knows it well. He told me on one of the two - 3 hour bus rides we had to take to get here that we have exactly 5 investigators in the entire area, supposedly they dropped almost all their investigators last week because no one was progressing, welcome to the mission, haha naw but it just means we gotta contact a lot in the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment